Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 is over so I'm gonna write a cliche blog about it

First of all, this:
the best playlist ever.

Sooooo it's sunny and cold out and I love this weather so much and it has put me in such a good mood that I'm gonna write about good things instead of bad ones.  Here Comes the Sun is playing and it couldn't be more appropriate for my life, for everything right now.  2011 will be the last full year of my life where I live at home, and it will also be the end of 2010 which was definitely the hardest year of my life, but also one of the best.   The difficult things include the entire month of January and learning to speak Arabic at Kent State, and although I would never change how Kent went, I would definitely make a few adjustments to January of 2010.  I think that when you're happy, you're supposed to say that you wouldn't change a thing, but I would. There are a few things that I would be better for changing, but I can't and that's okay too.

2010 was one of the best years because of the more full person I became.  I became a little more aware of the world around me and of the opportunities offered to me and I would like to think I'm a nicer person.  I figured out that I really like photography even though I know very little about it.  I also realized that my thoughts matter and I started writing them down.  I started picking what to care about instead of caring because I thought I had to.  I realized that I don't have to do anything anyone tells me to, I only have to do what I want to do to be happy.  Whatever that happiness I'm looking for ends up being still has yet to be found, and I doubt I'll find it this coming year or even in the year after that, but that's still pretty okay that at least I know it's coming.

I've been hearing it often said that you shouldn't have to wait until a new year in order to change and I guess that's true but I like to think that a new year actually will bring brighter times.  So my resolutions that I probably will feel no compelling force to complete except the first are:
1.  At the end of 2011, I want to have 365 pictures showing my life in a year.
2.  I want to start a dailybooth!
3.  To exercise sometimes maybe, I don't know.
4.  To be less lazy and do more things even if they do require getting out of bed.
5.  To read twenty books.  I don't really read at all right now so this is probably the one I'm going to have the most trouble keeping.
6.  To start a collab channel on youtube with my big brother, Beau!
7.  To get into college.

Okay so maybe 7 things to do in 2011 shouldn't be that difficult.  But anyways it's getting close to two thousand tino time.  Oh wait, I mean two thousand eleven time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura