Monday, August 13, 2012

college blogging maybe yay!

Guess what attentive readers of my blog!  I did decide on a college.  It is OSU.  How silly though really that I'm telling you now, but I just realized that this is possibly the first time I have written since I decided on OSU.  Not that I think what happened would entirely qualify as a decision, but nevertheless, I am a buckeye!

Actually the silly thing that brought me back to this blog is that I am applying to be a buckeye blogger and my application asked me if I currently keep a blog, and I guess that technically, I do.  Well, more than technically, I was a fairly active blogger (which is true despite my low subscriber count, never really cared much about if it got read) up until recently when my whole life got flip turned upside down.

I'll give you a couple seconds to finish singing the fresh prince of belair theme.
...

okay done.  Well anyways I was just checking what the state of this dusty little blog was and I realized it certainly has been awhile.  But when I read the email inviting me to apply, I felt a little tingle of excitement and motivation to go write.  And I haven't felt the urge to write and followed up with actual writing in months, and even more importantly I haven't felt any sort of tingle of excitement towards anything non-academic at OSU since I "decided" I would be going there.  But I have been anticipating college with excitement for years, up until now, when that excitement is coupled with anxiety.

So this is a big moment.  I am excited for something pertaining to the university I am attending!  I am writing again!  Look at that.  How lovely.

If I become a blogger for a much larger audience though, I will definitely need to work on writing conclusions.  They certainly are my writing achille's heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura