Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy first anniversarrryyy!!

Guess what!

IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!!
That's right folks, we have made it through an entire year of reading horrendous posts over here at THIS IS MY BLOG.  And it certainly has been a glorious journey, but I have lots of things for this anniversary post, and they are composed of some of my favorite things to write/write about:
-things I hate
-lists of colleges
-funny story
-things I say I will do but I will never ever do
-more things I hate
-profound stories that end with me just getting confused at what my point was supposed to be
-nostalgia
YAY LET'S GET STARTED.

Things I hate:
-most everything.
-

Lists of Colleges:
and more specifically, the colleges to which I am actually applying,
1. University of Michigan
2. Ohio State University
3. University of Cincinnati
4.  ...
yeah so I still don't have that final of a list... these are the only three I'm sure about.
Ummmmm.
Awkward.
Hope I get into U of Michigan ?

Funny story:
So last week (and this was supposed to be posted last week BUT I SAVED IT FOR THIS OCCASION PURPOSEFULLY HOW TRICKY AM I) the best thing to possibly ever happen, happened.  I mean- when ever would the power just go out in a wealthy and capable city such as Westlake in the most esteemed Westlake High School, but Lord, it happened.  So when the lights originally took their leave, I was in Pre-Calculus, a room with windows.  But then, I was in Computer Applications after, and the lights still weren't on.  Computer Apps is a class the relies entirely on electricity, and seeing as there weren't any windows, this was the absolute best opportunity for me to take a nap.

I mean, for real, I'm a senior, that class was comprised of 50% freshmen, 40% sophomores, 9% juniors and you guessed it, 1% seniors.  And there are only 25 or so people in the class, which would mean that my solo- 1% would account for about 1/4 of a person.  Based on my attendance record, it's accurate.  Anyways, what would you expect me to do in the middle of a non-lit, comfy classroom?

So I'm just sitting there, head down on my desk taking my surprise siesta when all of a sudden, it appears that there is lightning in this classroom.  My original though ran somewhere along the lines of why the FUCK is there lightning in this classroom? Until I realized that this was not lightning at all, it was of a much lower, much much lower, power.  A freshman.

Apparently the though process went something like this:  dark room, I'm an obnoxious freshman, perfect time to use the strobe app on my phone.

So I allowed it to go on for a few seconds, but even after hearing protests from classmates the inconsiderate loon continued to have it on.

SCARY SENIOR MODE: ACTIVATE
(oh, it's a thing)

"I HATE THIS."

It stopped.


Things I say I will do but I will never do:
the whole uniform thing.  Now I just have three polos I'll never wear.  I honestly did it for one day, but the day following that day was meant to be pink and I just... I almost threw up.  Not really, but I really do have a strange aversion to pink clothing and I realized that picking out that clothes is... not stressful at all compared to pink clothing.
- BEDAugust.  Lolz right? I seriously did it for a solid day before I was just like meh... I'm out
- NaNoWriMo.  I did it a couple days and actually the thoughts I was incorporating into the novel are all things I need to say and I do plan on finishing the novel by February hopefully.
- apply to Michigan State
- conclude anything very well at all

More things I hate:
- pretty much still most everything
- my caps lock bar which isn't working very well ahhhhh

Profound stories that end with me just getting confused at what my point was supposed to be:
Oh god I had a good one in mind and I know it was going to end up being pointless but I totez forget, which should basically be another whole category because if I remembered every post I wanted to write, we would have three years worth of posts by now.

Nostalgia:
Well this year has been grrreat!  I love writing this blog and even if it's crappy sometimes, I really do love at least knowing that some people care enough to read what I have to say.  There's something specific and magical about reading something instead of hearing it, because it takes longer.  It gives you time to think about it and analyze it yourself, at your own pace, and knowing that you, yes you specific reader, care enough to take the time to read it.  Because I could just as easily phone you up and tell you all my dumb stories then.

So thank you readers.  I would probably write this even if you weren't reading, but it's nice to know that you're there.  I love you all very much!

TA-DA!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you're saying; first of all that I would have like 324235 gajillion more posts if I could articulate them well at all, and just having people who care enough to read is great. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura