Thursday, December 15, 2011

George Mason, I will never attend you.

George Mason admissions officers keep sending me e-mails telling me about why I should go to Mason and how awesome it would be.  They do it all the time, and upon reading this little gem of a paragraph, I figured it's about time I analyzed my life:

"I can only imagine how you're feeling right now, senior year is flying by, and you're trying to succeed in what is likely the toughest course load you're experienced in high school.  ON top of that, you're also taking standardized tests, participating in endless after-school activities, and let's not forget, trying to actually enjoy your senior year with your friends.  It's difficult to balance it all, especially when you have to start thinking about college."

Alright George Mason, let's be real I'm getting a tab bit sick of you pretending like you know my life, so:
1.  Senior year is not flying by.  It's kind of trudging along a path made of knives.
2.  I'm not really trying to succeed honestly, just trying to pass
3.  Not my toughest course load.  Probably the least tough course load I have ever had including middle school sooooo
4.  and possibly including elementary school.
5.  You are right about one thing, the after-school activities pretty much just keep coming.  Unrelentlessly.  Sucking out my soul.
6.  Real talk, I'm not really trying to enjoy anything so much as get through it as painlessly as possible, which, might I add, is not going super well
7.  Enjoyment is for Summer.  Not for school.
8.  Start? thinking about college? START.  How could I possibly just be starting now when not only is it December of my senior year but it has also been about 7 months since you started all of this emailing so you should probably just leave me alone my GOD TROUBLE IN THE WATER

Yeah I just thought that everything they said was wrong.  And they do it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura