Monday, July 11, 2011

maaaaaaaan

So here's the crappy, whiny deal.  I really didn't want to come to the beach this week.  It's nice and pretty and great and whatever but I've been here almost every Summer of my life and I just got back from Europe so I'm pretty tired and I'm pretty broke.  I need to work and I need to sleep.

But alas, I am here in the outer banks.  It's beautiful and nostalgic and I had a really nice day at the beach.

BACK TO MY WHINING

Well the other rub of it is that the new Harry Potter movie comes out Friday and I will still be here, which really REALLY sucks.  I mean if there's one thing that I am upset to be missing, it's the Harry Potter premier.  And you say, but Hayley, isn't there a movie theater in the outer banks?  Yes, there are three.  And yes, I can still buy a ticket and see Harry Potter.  The problem is though, internet, that I have no friends out here to go with.  Believe me, I would LOVE to go see this last movie alone.  Seriously.  It would be nice to just sit there and love it.  Of course though, my mother hath decided that it is far too dangerous for me to go to the movie alone and has therefore decided that this is a family activity and that we will all go.

Wait, seriously?  Everyone?  I've been reading Harry Potter since I was 8 and when the final movie comes out I have to go with the whole family? FOR REAL?

This isn't the end of Harry Potter because the fandom will go on but I mean really internet,  this is the end of new Harry Potter things.  As far as we know*.   I love my family and everything and I would be happy to see the premier of some other movie with them but I really really don't want to have to explain things to them about it or hear them whining about certain aspects of the movie or have to discuss it with them when they haven't been so Harry Potter keen all these years.  I just want to sit there and love it and let it be fantastic and then it's over.

fin.

*Pottermore is crap and we all know it.

1 comment:

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura