Friday, July 15, 2011

this is not a video response at all.

This is my response to this video by PJ! He asked his viewers to answer questions regarding their Harry Potter favorites and those questions arrrre:
Which house you would be in, what your patronus would be, favorite subject, favorite place, favorite line, favorite moment, and favorite character.

LET'S GO.

House- Gryffindor.  I'm not evil, I'm not too quick-witted, and I'm not good at finding things.  I am brave though, and I'm pretty outspoken.  I look like a lion.

My patronus would probably be a cat, but I don't want to be like Umbridge so I think that mine must be a lion.  Lions are big and loud and scary. Once you get up close enough to touch them, they have very soft fur, which you may touch until they bite your fucking hand off.  That's me.

I'm not quite sure what my favorite subject would be.  I'm really good at languages so if there were a parseltongue class, I would be set.  Unfortunately there isn't so it's basically a matter of narrowing all of the classes down.  I suck at chemistry so I probably wouldn't be any good at Potions.  I'm not good at the more subjective aspects of English so I would be awful at Divination.  I think I would probably find my strength in Transfiguration or Charms.  I think I would also be good at Quidditch if I was a beater.

There are a lot of places I liked in Harry Potter.  I liked the Burrow a lot, for obvious reasons, but I also loved the Black family mansion.  I think I liked the mansion because it held so many secrets and obscurities.  There was so much to be found there.  I loved the room of requirement towards the end of the 7th book with all of Dumbledore’s army living in it.  Lauren (vloggerqueen17) said she didn't like it because it seemed kind of sad, but I kind of wish that there had been an extra scene in which they showed what had been going on the whole time in that room.  I have to imagine that the same as when Mr. and Mrs. Weasley got married in the middle of the last wizard war, the Hogwarts students in the room of requirement handled their situation similarly.  Although there is a war going on, people had to remember then more than ever that they only have so long to live.  The students in the room of requirement had to have had some good times.  They must have danced and played cards and laughed and had drinks with Aberforth, because how else could they have made it through Hogwarts that year?

My favorite line was after Mrs. Weasley said that every Weasley boy had been named Prefect and George says "What are Fred and I, next door neighbors?"  I pretty much loved it every time they said anything ever.  I also loved when George made the "I'm holey" joke after he lost an ear.

My favorite moment may have been when Snape asked Harry to look him in the eyes before he died.  I'm not sure if I cried when I read that but I may have.  My favorite moment in the movies was during the pensive scene with Snape's life montage.  I'm not really a movie-crier but during the part where Snape discovered Lily's dead body I teared up a little bit. There were two particularly gruesome scenes I loved in the newest Potter movie: the first being the scene with Voldemort and Nagini standing over all of the dead people Nagini ate, and the second was when Fenrir was eating Lavender Brown.  I don't know why but that was just the coolest scene ever.  Take that Twilight, OUR WEREWOLVES EAT PEOPLE.

Other great moments were when they visited the St. Mungo's and they saw Neville and his parents there.  I agree with Lauren that the Weasley mourning scene in the 7th book after Fred was killed was absolutely glorious.  You never really see the Weasley's as a family without anyone else there, but in that scene it was just the Weasley's and their mourning.  Usually someone else is present when they interact (Harry, Hermione, the order) so it was nice to see them as a family by themselves.  The movie did a really good job of that.

My favorite character was definitely a boy.  I don't know which one.  I've always had a crush on Fred and George because they're so funny, but I also love Ron with all my heart.  Ron, I think, is the most real character of everyone because you see him being selfish and upset for petty reasons, which is what everyone does.  Harry's pissed off from book four until book six but it's for more pressing issues than anything Ron ever got pissed about.  I like that.  I also love Neville and Dean Thomas.  And Dobby.

yuhhhhh.  Okay.  Tonight I realized that I have the same hair as Narcissa Malfoy.  Did anyone else think that two very serious lines were dictated really funny?
1.  The way Voldy said "AVADA KEDAVRA" left me laughing in the theater while the chick next to me was crying.
2.  Mrs. Weasley's dictation of "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH" was too... cheesy for me.  It didn't really sound much like Mrs. Weasley... I don't know, it was just weird.

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU WERE DISAPPOINTED THAT DUMBY AND HP WEREN'T NAKED AT KING'S CROSS.  I mean... I didn't think they would be naked but I didn't really want them to be closed either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura