Friday, October 21, 2011

School Uniform?

So I have this sort of terrible/awesome idea (it has to do with Hollister Co., which is what makes my idea terrible).  Since at least freshman year, and maybe even before that, I have wanted a school uniform.  I don't want some crappy plaid skirt and an ugly polo- I don't want my daily outfit to be hideous, I just want it to be the same.  And it's not at all about having the same outfit as everybody else, I could honestly give a shit about what my classmates wear, I just don't like picking out clothes.  I know, I know, AP Lang brain, it is clear that public school has destroyed my sense of creativity to the point where I don't even want to pick out an outfit every day, but it's true.  I do not.  I am sick of picking out clothes every morning.

Having a daily, Hayley-specific uniform would make my mornings just a little less stressful and rushed.  Especially with gymnastics season approaching.  From here, it is looking like we may have workouts/practices five or six times a week, and if I did not have to worry about picking out clothes for school, my life would be simpler.  And it's not like I would never use the clothes I already have in my closet- I would wear them to work, out to dinner, on weekends and in college.

So I am considering an experiment: to create and wear a personal uniform for at least a month.  I will buy five polo shirts, one for each day of the school week.  Currently I am planning on buying them from Hollister- that's the Hollister part.  I am thinking black pants as bottoms, either my black jeans or leggings or a skirt with black tights or sweatpants.  Which means that I am leaving part of my outfit to my own discretion on that particular day, as well as whatever accessories, sweaters etc I will be wearing.

So when you think about it, I will be rocking a partial uniform.  Kind of like the partial block we have at school, just to test the waters.

If I were to do this, which I still have not decided, I will definitely do it for all of November and if I like it, I will most likely continue it through February until gymnastics is over and I have my life back.

The best part is, I can violate my personal uniform whenever I like because it's my own.  Hooray.

Does anyone have any different suggestions for the shirt?  That's my only qualm about the whole thing- I will look like SUCH a dork with the lanyard and the polo and everything...

1 comment:

  1. i think this is a super creative idea!!! love it har har!

    and that lanyard thing is perty herlerious.

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura