Monday, January 10, 2011

past/future

Does it ever seem to you that sometimes the bad things that happened in the past can be so bad that they overcome the present and change the future?  Sometimes I find myself forgetting that the one thing that I can't change is the past- it's pretty much the only constant of life.  Like if one thing is always going to be true, it's that the past will always stay the same.  What can be changed is your view of it, other people's views of it, and what you do about it.

Quote book-ish moment up there.

ANYWAYS what I really wanted to talk about was the band Acrassicauda.  Acrassicauda is a band from Iraq made up of four men who pretty literally got through the war just for the chance to rock out.  They're living proof that you can go through a world full of shit and hate and come out still kicking and screaming just to get your dreams.  They're total reminders of how much worse it could be and how thankful we should be for the opportunities we get just because we live here.    More deets on these awesome d00dz.

MORE
John Green is an author and a vlogbrother and I think that he describes humanity better than any sort of intelligence level ever could (see squirrels if you don't know why I'm talking about this) -
the point of life is to be able to engage as deeply as possible with the miracle that is human consciousness

This is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura