Monday, January 10, 2011

reasons to like language class

(as opposed to despising them as most do)

1- sometimes they make the technology chapter the same chapter that you learn to express frustration.  coincidence? I think not.
2- they give you better job opportunities
3- you get to see into other cultures
4- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. - Nelson Mandela.  People appreciate multilingualism.
5- it's a pretty social thing- you're learning to speak.  And if you have a teacher who just wants you to be able to speak it, once you have the language part down you'll just be able to chit chat with friends the whole period.

While trying to find that quote, I went through all the documents that I have saved to this computer, and I came across a few other quotes that are certainly gems as well, though from less renowned people.

This is me- 

Eating lunch at Westlake High School is a game, and nobody quite knows how to play.

This too is me, these are answers to questions I had for homework about the movie district 9.  These are answers that I actually turned in:
3.  I legitimately have no idea how to find a metaphor within a metaphor, because I honestly can't even begin to figure out what that means, but I think it has something to do with 
7.  No.   That's a terrible question.
10.  I think this film was valuable in discussing segregation and racism.  I don't think these questions are, they literally make no sense at all.  But the movie is very thought provoking and definitely successfully shows racism and segregation and prejudice.
Those are the full answers.  No, I didn't copy and paste #3 incorrectly, I'm pretty sure I just never finished that sentence.

This is my best friend:
welcome to the future. now that all my books are online and i do my homework on the computer, i am even more distracted than usual. (believe it or not) i log onto facebook just so that i don't have to do my math homework. i check my email 8 times a day to avoid history.

Ahhhh I love that so much.  It's so perfectly eloquent to describe the inefficiency of the internet.  
The one about eating lunch at WHS was so true last year.  Our second semester, people sat on the floor because there weren't enough chairs and everything was just so messed up.  A successful video game could have been created in which you had to buy your food in under 15 minutes, successfully get a seat at a table with a comfortable amount of people, and then make it to your next class on time.  

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A TOPIC TO WRITE ABOUT.  I'm bored with these random, sporadic, stupid blogs.  alalalalaalalaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura