Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Days 22 and 23

I'm so sick of writing half of a post and then just sitting there holding the backspace button and watching the words I almost said disappear.  As if they were never even thought of at all.  These are the things I almost posted about today, then didn't:
1. January
2. Space and science.
3. Days 22 and 23 of the thirty day challenge.
4. My senior year schedule.

So now's gonna be a really terrible post of all those things!

1. January.  Last January was straight up hell in a month.  Most things for me in that went wrong, and by the end of it I was just looking for things to ruin my life.  It was surely an attitude problem that made me so unpleasant.  I was never going to have a good month if I wasn't even looking to have it.  But then this January came and I was a little bit terrified to find out whether it would be good or bad- and then surprisingly, despite all of the suck that did occur, I actually got through it unscathed.  Other than being a complete dipshit and losing my phone, January of 2011 has been a great start to what I am sure will be an awesome year.  yeee!  And then February started out with two snow days, and what could be better than that?

2.  Space and science.  Are amazing! I'm not usually into science at all but the concept of speed of sound and light both amaze me.  If you consider it, both light and sound take time to reach your senses, meaning that you have never actually heard the sounds occurring at the time they occur.  And you've never seen the moment you're in either, you see a few moments behind it. CRAZY.  But then whats more amazing is the James Webb telescope.  And that with it, we'll be able to see the dawn of the universe because it's going to be THAT MANY light years away from where it occurred!  Mind blowing.  Watch Hank Green talk about it, he's smarter than me.

3.  This post was destined to be whiny and suckish so SKIP

4.  Brag time:  when I graduate from WHS I will have earned 36 credits, which yes, is impossible to students who don't take extra classes.  Also I will have 12 credits in foreign language alone da-DAMN.  

I was just so tempted to delete this entire thing I just wrote and then I remembered that I'm writing it for me, not you, so I'm keepin it.  Iz's post reminded me of why we write in the first place, for ourselves and no one else.

1 comment:

  1. I guess inspiration works both ways, because that's what I thought you were reminding me of... :)

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura