Thursday, February 10, 2011

first day out

It felt like forever, but finally, we were at the top of the Payday lift at Park City.

So I strapped into my snowboard and got going. The hill was familiar, sort of difficult, not too icy, more people than would be preferable. It was weirdish though, every curve the clope took I thought was going to be the bottom, then it wasn't. And, for the first time in my life, I was the first one in our group of 9 to make it to the bottom. I was cruisin for sure.

I had neglected the notion of goggles for the first day out and I was rocking my shades instead. That though, soon became a mistake. I was going so fast that I couldn't see a thing- my eyes were watering from the wind hitting them so hard. And then there was a strange tapping in my ear... what the hell? Turned out it was my hood beating against my helmet in the wind. I was so cold but so comfortable. I love how alone you are on a hill. There are people but you don't directly communicate with them, it's just you and the slope and some things to avoid. It feels more natural than anything.

We came out here with my dad's college buddies and their families. So it's the Hartmans, the Molczans, and the Labories. There are 6 teenagers, 5 adults. And then there's another guy, Carnahan, who joined us out here too but he's not staying in the house with us.

Our house is essentially, the shit. Plenty of beds and bedrooms, 45 inch TVs, the works. We don't have much in the department of food though, the fridge is pretty much just stocked with beer. The floors here are heated which seemed sweet at first but our room is hot as hell because of it. Octogon hot tub. Pretty sick.

Get that saddle outta here.

Then we went to a terrain park. I wasn't gonna die on a box the first day out, so I just went on what I thought was going to be a whaleback next to the rails and boxes. They weren't whalebacks though, they were jumps and I got some baby airs before I even knew what was happening.

We went out for dinner with Carnahan and we had the pleasure of driving him down to the place we ate at. My dad was driving and he missed the turn that would take us straight down the mountain and into town and we ended up on a long damn road that took us around the mountain. Several times. We saw the venicular.

Is that a comforting thing or is that an im a weird kid thing?


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

^look look I wrote this from my droid! wheeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura