Thursday, February 3, 2011

that's part of my face!

This is what my face looks like:


And other than one obvious detail, I look pretty much the same as every other brown hair, brown eyes girl.  We all have different little details to us- but if a 6 year old drew 10 pictures of 10 different girls with brown eyes and hair, all 10 of those pictures would be the same.  Now, my  obvious detail, is the mole to the left of my nose.

And I'm gonna talk about it.

I LOVE that I have something on my face that sets me apart from every other girl- people remember what I look like.  It's like I was born with an auto-unique trait.  And if I didn't have it, I know I would be jealous of other girls who I'm friends with who do.  So that's it, I love my mole.  

But I don't really notice it anymore, it's just there.  I don't even see it on my face anymore because I've had it farther back than I remember.  I wasn't born with it though- I know because it's not in any of my baby pictures.  It came around when I was about 3.  So today, when I went to go look at my senior pictures that I had taken two weeks ago, I had no idea what my mom was talking about when she said "Hayley, your face looks weird."  But as it turned out, my mole had been photoshopped out of my pictures.  

The guy was super nice about it, he was all embarrassed and the pictures are going to be unphotoshopped.  But it felt so bizarre to see my face without my mole.  It would be like looking at your face and you're missing a tooth, or you're missing an eyebrow.  For god's sake, I was symmetrical.

I don't know what I'll do if I ever have to get it removed.  If I have to get it removed before I'm 22, I'll get my eyebrow pierced.  I don't want to be symmetrical, I don't want to be forgettable.   But if it happens past the age of acceptable eyebrow piercing, I don't even know what I'll do.  Probably just be really sad.  It's kind of a big part of my face.  

I have no way to conclude this.  T SHIRT TIMEEEE.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look gorgeous! You shouldn't get anything removed and don't pierce any part of that face you were blessed with!

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura