Saturday, November 27, 2010

bloggin vs. vloggin

When you (and by you, I mean I, because there is no you.  I have no audience..)  really think about it, I have had a lot of test runs on my blog and I honestly have been blogging for years.  Journaling, writing long emails about my life to friends, putting my thoughts into facebook notes, and just writing things and saving them EVERYWHERE.  I have found my writings printed out lying in old books, saved as drafts on my multiple email accounts, saved under false names, just put somewhere far away where I have it if I want it.

So it really is no surprise how easily blogging came to me.  It's kind of been my life since seventh grade, even though at the time I really didn't know it.  I used to write in Crayola marker when I was 12 in notebooks, and if it wasn't in marker, it wasn't an entry.  And those notebooks filled with what are the trials and tribulations of a 12 year old, then a 13 year old, then a 14 year old are hidden in a shiny box in the storage room of my basement where they are never supposed to be found.  I know, I just told the internet where they were.  But internet, please don't go into my basement and read all my shit.  Read what I write now, because it's better.

But...vlogging? This, I have come to realize is kind of new to me.  I have done acting and have watched some of my performances back on DVD but I never had a very big part, nor were the words I was saying my own.  And though I do speak to people and tell them what I think about everything every damn day, It's not played back to me and I don't have to hear it again and again trying to get the cuts right.  So vlogging might actually take a lot longer than I think.  I'm going to need to have a few trial runs with vlogging, make a lot of videos and learn how to use microsoft moviemaker because it has proven to be a pain in the ass.  But one day, I'll get there!! (triumph, double exclamation point.. aw yeah.)

But on the other hand, I feel like such a n00b to the internet right now, and I'm trying to find things I like to subscribe to so that I have something to watch AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE LIKER CHAIN!!! So helpful, best thing ever.  I found out what dailybooth was today, and I think that will be a goal of mine to get that started in 2011, because I will hopefully have a SICK. camera by then.  Anyways, the point of THIS paragraph is that I enjoy watching vlogs better than reading blogs.  I'm subscribed to probably 10-15 vlogs because they're easy and they take no time, but I'm not reading anyones blogs.  And no one reads mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura