Thursday, November 25, 2010

things I don't understand about thanksgiving

1.  Why my family cooks our thanksgiving turkey in the laundry room.  Yeah.  We do it at my grandma's that way and I always thought, hey, her laundry room is big and spacious enough to cook a turkey in.  BUT this year we're cooking at my house andddd there is still a turkey in my laundry room.  Our laundry room isn't that spacious or turkey convinient sooo.  I'm just lost by my family's traditions. 

2.  My grandmother.  I love her, but she's kind of crazy.  She's one of those really old grandmas who just says whatever, but it's hilarious.  She cheats at cards.  I'm the only person who will actually fight her on anything which is probably why I'm her favorite grand-daughter.  Granddaughter?  I don't know.  Today she keeps telling my little sister to get on the compy and print her an advil coupon.  She's richer than hell AND she probably doesn't even take much advil.  AND THEN after saying the work "coupon" she talked with my parents about how people say that word.  She's from western PA so she says Q-pon, we, northern ohioans say it the was it is spelled because we're boring like that and our southern friends from Nashville always say coupin.  AND THEN she got into the spelling of the word for the fluffy things cheerleaders wave around.  Turns out, its pompon.  YEAH. 

3.  Why people don't think about the origins of thanksgiving.  I mean, someone's facebook status is maybe supposed to be a joke but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not.  Says something along the lines of oh i hate being muslim and not being able to celebrate thanksgiving.  What?  No.  If you're American.. it's cool.  Go for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura