Friday, November 26, 2010

originality&othergoodthings !

Sooooo today I was thinking about how I do love that this page is just mine.  Hense.. the title.  So I thought I would tell you that all the photos and stuff on here is original and are mine.  Those that will be posted in the future will too always be original, unless otherwise noted.

The background is actually a heavily edited picture of a jellyfish at the Boston Aquarium.  I went there last year with my school's show choir.  Not just to the aquarium, but also to a competition in Salem, which was fun.  And then the picture I put in the post before this about lucid dreams is one I took on the plane I took to go to Costa Rica this past summer.  It was a really fun trip and I love my family down there and I really do love the country, it really is so photogenic and gorgeous.

For Christmas (see below.) this year I have asked my parents for a Nikon D3000 SLR digital camera so that I can take beautiful pictures and not have to edit so much.  Right now I have an olympus digital camera, but I'm not sure of the make.  It's kind of lame, but I love it because it can go underwater and can survive most drops and stuff so there isn't much danger of breaking it.  But it takes kind of shoddy pictures so I can't wait to get a much better camera with a real lens and everything! <333

Christmas.. So.  I'm an atheist, and so is my dad, and I don't know about my brother and sister but I do know that my mom believes in God.  But no one in my family attends church, and that's a-ok with me.  I don't really like organized religion, I think it, and especially in the Christian faith, gets corrupted super often and preaches too much hatred.  That's not a generalization, preaching any hatred at all is preaching too much and a lot of religion today is just kind of a mockery of what religion should be.  But yeah, we celebrate Christmas.  I think we have deduced it down to just being a tradition in my family to celebrate because it's something fun and as much as it is a religious thing, it's very cultural too. Also, I do believe that Jesus was one of the greatest men to ever live, and I do like celebrating his presence on Earth, even if  I don't appreciate the effects Christianity has on the world today.  So no, Christians, I'm not stealing your holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura