Monday, November 29, 2010

convenient christianity? and other stuff.

I give mad props to anyone who has found something to believe in and has figured themself out spiritually.  I honestly do wish that I could believe that I was going to heaven, but I don't.  I think it's majorly cool of people to be able to convince themselves of the various  religions of the world, and though I don't believe it myself, I totally respect it. 

What I don't respect is a person who calls themself a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu WHATEVER who doesn't follow the tennants of their religion all the time.  Being a religion is a life choice, and even if it's not for your entire life, it's for your life right now until or unless you denounce yourself of it.  You should honor what you've been told to do on the path to being a better person, and if you don't, you're really NOT part of being in that religion.  What I mean to say is that people take religion way too lightly.  You can't just lie and cheat and then think it's okay for you to enter a church and pray next to an honest man and be one of the people in your congregation.  You can't.

Using the lord's tennants and values  only when it's convenient for you to use them and ignoring them when they hinder whatever you're trying to do is totally wrong, and it's up to you to either fix your ways and never do it again or you have to leave the religion.  You don't get excuses either like "I'm trying to get better," because guess what, it's something you just do.  All you have to do is stop.  There are no excuses.  If you don't like or believe it's beneficial for you to follow the tennants of your religion then leave.  Simple. As. That.

If people really considered what I am saying here and went by it, we would have much less corrupt religious folk, and also much less religious folk at all.  Religion is assumedly supposed to make you a better person, but if you're only being religious with the stuff you're already a good person at and completely ignoring when it comes to the hard stuff... what's the point?  It's really not fair to the people who honestly are trying to be with God that have to pray next to a liar.

I didn't really think that this had a name at all until I was thinking about how I know so many people who are only Christian when it's convenient. Then the whole alliteration thing popped into my head and I googled it andddd there we go.  This is a pretty sweet article I found on the whole dealio.

And also, the whole catholic confession thing is such bullshit.  Not everyone confesses all of their sins, AND who is to say that God has forgiven them.  Not the "father" of the church, that's for certain.  It's all too easy to walk into a church and say that God has spoken to you.

...he hasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura