Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hayley finds a college- Introduction

I have an incredible list of colleges suggested to me by collegeboard.com or by naviance or by friends and I've spent the last few days trying to rate them and to get a top 10 or maybe even a top 5.

My biggest problem though is that I'm so scared that I won't find the perfect college, so when I'm going through my list rating the colleges and trying to figure out which ones are a better fit than others, I make some colleges seem better than they actually are.  I got more lax on my ratings because I wanted to like some colleges.  Now my entire list is full of false ratings and total bullshit, so I have to start over AGAIN.  So this is going to be my "Hayley finds a college" post series.

It will probably be boring for you but if I write out everything, it'll be clearer for me, and um, lest you need be reminded, this is my blog.

Hahahahahah I'm funny.

What I was judging to obtain a score out of 10 were the following criteria:
1.  Location- City, State.  Whether it was a good or bad place to live
2.  Location- proximity to home.  Within a 5 hour drive
3.  Ratio of women to men-  I know this one is stupid but I don't want to go to a school with 66% females.  I just don't.
4.  Major- Education (general)
5.  Major- Secondary Education (this one was kind of like a bonus point.)
6.  Major- Arabic
7.  Major- Spanish
8.  Major- International Relations
9.  Number of students- between 4,000 and 10,000
10.  Cost-  <40,000

I think that the criteria I have set out are fair in order to obtain an idea of the type of college I would like to attend out of 10.  The only thing I would like to change is 9.  So, for the new list, it'll be between 4,000 and 15,000 students.  This should provide the framework for finding a good college.


1.  Location- City, State.  Whether it was a good or bad place to live
2.  Location- proximity to home.  Within a 5 hour drive
3.  Ratio of women to men-  I know this one is stupid but I don't want to go to a school with 66% females.  I just don't.
4.  Major- Education (general)
5.  Major- Secondary Education (this one was kind of like a bonus point.)
6.  Major- Arabic
7.  Major- Spanish
8.  Major- International Relations
9.  Number of students- between 4,000 and 15,000
10.  Cost-  <40,000

Soooo.  Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura