Sunday, March 20, 2011

michael aranda. love.

In my last post I tried to explain my obsession with planning out college and stuff.  I explained about half of it, and then I was reading Michael Aranda's blog (...blawg) and I realized that I definitely find solace in planning the future  and having an idea of what my future will entail.  I really liked and related to this post:


"It’s interesting to think about how something relatively small and insignificant can throw your whole day out of whack, especially early in the day. I woke up this morning to something that should have been easily ignored and forgotten, but it embedded itself into me like a tiny splinter. Since then, I’ve had trouble focusing on other things, feeling anxious and nervous and unconfident in myself.
I figure it’s impossible to reach a place of emotional stability so fortified that such things will never become a bother again, so finding things that are adequately cathartic is important. Jogging, lifting weights, or other generally physical things usually help, but I don’t always have the ability/resources/space to do those things. I’ve tried reading, but, when I’m bothered by something, my mind can’t quiet down enough to actually absorb the words on the page. Recently, I’ve become interested in meditation as a possible solution, but it presents issues similar to reading, in that my mind simply remains too noisy. In addition, most resources I’ve found on the subject of meditation approach it from a spiritual/supernatural perspective, which is not something I’m interested in at all.
Planning for the future is something that I’ve found to be emotionally cleansing. To that end, I’ve more or less decided what I want to do with my life through 2014. Plans can and do change, of course, but having a set direction in which to travel feels nice."


Check out his blog at http://michaelaranda.com/blawg/

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Up until the last paragraph, I know EXACTLY what he's talking about. I see what you mean

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura