Wednesday, August 3, 2011

this is what you get

I'm super happy that I don't have to travel anywhere for awhile.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my vacations but I am so ready to just sleep in all the time and do nothing.  Except the whole doing nothing thing really isn't working at all.  I have to work and go to gymnastics and voice lesson (which isn't that serious of a time commitment but, still.) and teach swim lessons (which is still technically working except for that I have to wake up early and still may have another shift that day.).  So although I'm not tired of being home, I'm tired of having shit to do all the time... I haven't slept in past 10 in like... a week and a half.  And that's crazy.

I haven't really been working out much either because I have to wake up at 9 every day so by like 5pm I'm pretty exhausted.  Then I go out with my friends and I go to bed at 2, resulting in only 7 hours of sleep and a state of even more exhaustion than the day before.  

I hate showering because I always feel like it's so pointless.   My thoughts are always along the lines of "well I could shower now except I'll be covered in chlorine again in 12 hours and 3 hours after that I'll be sweaty and disgusting from gymnastics... why even bother?"

Don't worry, I still shower as much as I normally do it just is a lot more pointless and tedious now than it used to be.

No one takes their job at the rec seriously anymore.  Like, no one took it seriously before but people take it even less seriously now than they used to.  People just don't show up for shifts at all and it's exhausting trying to cover for them when they're not there.  Instead of sitting three and being able to rotate and have breaks, we'll end up sitting three and not being able to move at all.  The new guards (and slide attendants for the most, or at least on one persons part as well) are lazy and don't know the pool rules, don't learn the pool rules, and don't yell at kids for breaking the rules that the new guards do know.  How hard is it to memorize that kids aren't allowed to run?  They're never going to learn a good guard voice if they never even try using their new-crappy-guard voice.

I keep listening to a classic rock playlist on 8tracks.

I really need to go do my summer reading but I need to shower and you know, procrastinate doing my summer reading so looks like I'm booked.

Hey so you know how I'm supposed to write my college essay?  WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR A COLLEGE ESSAY.

School you are so near and although I am excited for you, I am also not excited for you at all because I have to read two really shitty books before you start and I really don't want to.  Only three weeks left of summer :(

I'm sad but seriously... college let's get this show on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura