Monday, August 1, 2011

reality check.

So I didn't prepare for it and I didn't even realize it was here but um, guys, I hate to tell you this:  It's BEDA.  Yeah I bet you just thought BEDA was for April, and I'm sorry for the deceit.  BEDA is for every month that starts with A, and here's another shock: It's August!

I was in Tennessee this past weekend and in about two short conversations I was dragged up to the surface of my life.  I was talking to one girl who was about 13 for approximately 14 seconds when she asked, "So where ya gonna go to college!"  It hit me like a train.  I mean, I don't know where I'm going to college!  I'm six years old, we're on a swing-set right now!  My favorite food is chicken fingers!

And then, I was talking to one of the dads at this shin-dig and all of the sudden I was told that "next time [I'll] would be back here would be 10 years from now and [I'll] be married."  EXCUSE ME?  I'm still a baby!  I take naps and have to be home by midnight on the weekends!  I am NOT 10 years from marriage.

I'm closer in age to being married than I am to kindergarten.  Yeah, makes me want to puke too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura