Tuesday, January 17, 2012

titles are hard

Hello!  Well I haven't posted in a week or so but I feel like I should write something (a feeling that I rarely get when there isn't something specific or ever vaguely specific I feel like writing about) so this will probably be sort of a clusterfuck.

I have been considering lately my future in different ways than I have been for awhile, which is normal, I shift my outlook pretty often.  I still want to study Arabic and the like but I also just kind of want to study language as a study itself, like alphabets and history of communication and such and I have been considering maybe studying journalism.  I'm not sure if journalism is something I could actually do because of my complete tendency to procrastinate and not do anything and because of my generally irritated perception of many of the human beings I have encountered.

But see then I go and write lengthy, verbose yet clear sentences like the previous one and I can't help but think that that is the type of thing I would like to do forever.

Something really awesome happened to me!

I was driving from OSU back to Capital University (a ten minute drive- if that) with three friends when my back left tire blew out on a highway.  Definitely the scariest thing that has ever happened to me, but the crazy part is that not one, but two men pulled over to help us.  This awesome guy Mark put my spare tire on my car, which promptly shredded as soon as we started driving and then he drove us to the nearest Goodyear so that I could buy a brand new tire and then he put that on my car too.

The kindness of strangers is so inspirational.  As horrendous as many people are, it's people like Mark (and Charlie- who didn't really help us so much as kept an eye on Mark, who kept an eye on Charlie.  Checks and balances when dealing with strangers.)  who put me in a far better mood to deal with humanity.  They are also, conversely, the type of people who make me pissed off at selfish bimbos/douchebags who fail to consider that someone has it far worse than they do and complain about the fact that they didn't get the right color iPhone for Christmas, for example.

So I made Mark cookies and got him a visa gift card, all of which I will be mailing to him post haste.

I have learned so much about kindness and love and sharing this weekend that I can hardly contain my current positive outlook towards everything.  Also I had really good dreams last night.  I can only remember specifics or the first one but the second one I remember thinking during it, wow, this is a really good night to have dreams.

Also! I promise to post the actual commencement speech that I wrote and read out loud to my English class which, SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH got literal lolz (they ACTUALLY laughed out loud!) and no one openly hated/asked if they could burn, and personally, I consider that a win in the speech-giving field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura