Saturday, April 23, 2011

anger.

If you are a senior in high school, especially if you were involved in the events of very early Friday morning, this post may sting a little.

I've basically carried the same opinion of seniors since I was a freshman in high school:  they're annoying as hell.  Don't get me wrong, if you're a senior this year and you're here reading this post, there's a really good chance that you're someone I will actually miss.  The truth is though, that a lot of seniors really suck by the end of high school.  They can be lazy, selfish, whiny, rude to other schoolmates and  rude to teachers.  I understand that the end of high school is definitely a pivotal moment in one's life, but most of the time I feel like people should be handling it better.  They assume that they're the leaders because they're the oldest and supposed to be the most mature students in the district but in reality they just treat people like shit like 56% of the time. 

The maturity level of many seniors during 4th quarter is the exact same as that of most freshman had 1st quarter.

Don't get me wrong- I'm friends with more seniors this year than in the past two years, but there are some students for whom I would pack their shit and drive them to college if it meant they would be gone sooner.  I'm just kind of tired of being treated like shit, like nothing, by certain people who have never earned my respect and for some reason or another, STILL are under the impression that they are deserving of it. 

I know that I'm headed for the senior mindset in less than a year, but let's be honest:  I'm about as disrespectful towards people right now as I will ever be, I've basically not done homework since eighth grade, and I'm already pretty whiny and selfish.  I can't imagine me being a worse person than I am now, but the good news is that as I am right now, I am better off than most.

On more whimsical terms my fingers are green due to egg dyeing AWESOMEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura