Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The worst day of my entire life.

*this is about to be whiny

I was in my freshman year at WHS and seeing as I quit clarinet after 6th grade, I am not in the marching band.  Not that I exactly aspire to be in the marching band, but most of my friends are and there is one week that occurs every other year that makes me want to be in the marching band more than anything.  It's when the band takes an extended trip to another city in the US and has an enjoyable time touring around and performing. 

Being not on the band trip should seem like punishment enough for being no good at the clarinet, but what's worse is that a lot of my best friends are in the band.  Meaning that for one week every other year (it comes all to often.)  I am stuck in rainy, cold, sucky Ohio, in school, without most of my best friends. 

And yeah, you may have guessed it, the week of the band trip is this week. 

Ugh they left last night and school today was as torturous as ever.  Every time I wanted to make a joke about something stupid a teacher said, no one was there to laugh with me.  Except Zazu.

But anyways, I'm better off this year than I was last year, because since freshman year I have made more friends through choir and I've made underclassmen friends...friend as well.  So it's not nearly as miserable as it was two years ago.

Anyways, that was a hell of a lot of background for what will be a  pretty short and generally pointless story.  Well I just remember, my freshman year the band went to Orlando and ALL of my friends were on that trip.  I was pretty much just trying to get through the week, and I'm pretty sure the worst day of my life occurred on a  Tuesday.  I had survived Monday alright in my classes, didn't talk much, wore sweat pants no doubt, went from class to class without an issue.  I was lucky because the girls I sat with at lunch weren't in band, so wasn't forced to relocate for lunch.  Well like I said it was Tuesday, and it was worse than Monday.  I think I got yelled at or something in choir and I probably forget some homework for science that morning.  Not exactly day ruiners except for that I didn't have Laura or Sam or Riss to go and complain at.  Yeah I just ended that sentence with a preposition, lemme go kill myself real quick.

I was already on edge and kind of off of my usual sunny (lol.) demeanor.  I was at my locker just making smalltalk with Alec, whose books are housed in the locker next to mine.  And then it happened so fast- a push, a crash, a pain on my head.  Some idiot junior boy had shoved this enormous kid into the set of lockers I was standing under, and before I knew it, the metal plank lining the top of the locker had landed on my cranium, and man, it hurt.  But the pain wasn't why I started crying then and there, it was because of the shock of it all.  And poor Alec was standing next to me not even knowing what to do.  A teacher walked by and asked what happened and all I could blubber out was "locker...fell...owhohohowwwowowowww"

I would've gotten out of class for a bit because I had to go to the principal's office and help him fill out an accident report and he called my dad to tell him what happened and that I would survive.  Unfortunately for me though, when all this happened I was on my way to lunch and by the time I was finished in the office, I was on my way to my class. 

After school that day I had to go to probably two separate rehearsals for the two musicals I was in (I haven't talked about my total disdain for rehearsals of that sort yet, but trust me, I will eventually).  Worst. Day. Ever.

There was also the day where I broke up with my boyfriend, went to musical rehearsal and then came home and found out my grandpa had died.  That sucked a lot too.

1 comment:

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura