Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's tuesday!

It is so possible that I end up posting four times today.  It'll likely be three though.  What is BEDA doing to me?

I got the URL for another friend of mine's blog, and she's brilliant and I love it.

So you may be wondering, how is the no-dairy-April deal going?  Well, it's pretty awesome so far!  When I cut out dairy, that also means foods including dairy or butter or yogurt or cream or... you get it.  Well that pretty much means I now have about half of the options as I did before, and most of them are healthier or rather, not junk.  Also, a lot of my meals have been requiring more preparation because I can no longer simply grab a few cookies* or a chewy bar to sustain me for a little bit.  I have to actually open up my fridge, find a few different things, and PUT THEM ON A PLATE in order to make a meal.  Exhausting.  But overall (despite the fact that I've been feeling perpetually hungry) I've pretty much been feeling all around lighter and more active.  I've been eating a lot of fruit and vegetables, not so much bread, a little bit of soy milk (meh, I kind of detest the stuff), and eggs.  Also stew, which has meat in it and that's probably healthy. 

So yeah, I've adopted a better diet for April I guess.  Along with that, I've been working out more often (I went yesterday AND the day before- astounding.  What's even more astounding is I plan to go after work tonight too.  Conveniently, my job is located in the same building as the gym I work out at.   AWESOME.)

Funny enough though, today I opened up my fridge in search of food and I took out the milk and got a glass and poured it and then as I was bringing the glass up to my lips, I remembered that milk isn't my thing anymore!  Ah, old habits die hard. 

* Small confession:  I never stopped grabbing chocolate chip cookies.  I forgot that cookies have butter in them... damn.  It was my only lapse though and I stopped and now I know better!  It'll never happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura