Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cowcium.

Soooo I'm a copycat.  Let's just start with that.  But I was reading Hayley G. Hoover's blog and she's giving up dairy products this April! 

To be honest and weird, I've always been a little bit jealous of people with will power against food.  I've never really had any reason to give anything up seeing as I'm not religious andddd are there any other reasons? Oh, right, dieting. Lol. Anyways.  So I've kind of always wanted to test the waters of will power in the name of food, and this April, I'm doing it.

See because I'm already participating in BEDA, I already am doing something outside of my normal schedule.  Once I get over the hump of leaving the normal Hayley realm, it's easier to add in more things to a new way of living, so not eating dairy shouldn't be too difficult.  I read an article on the subject of dairy(I know- Hayley, shouldn't you have read several articles on it?  Yes, probably.) and truth be told- it's not exactly necessary to your diet and it's not always healthy either.

Milk companies make it seem like calcium can only come from cows- if that were true, it would be called cowcium.  Get it? 

And now you know.  I wasn't going to tell anyone about this little April resolution, but now that I'm into and having fun with it, I figured I might as well share with the class.  Okay well this was short but I did include a joke, so bonus points? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura