Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I FAILED/Dream sequence

It's true I did.  Last night I was on my computer and it froze and and anddddd I went to sleep without posting.  Ugh.

That's okay though.  I'm gonna post twice today and keep going with BEDA, because it's more of a promise to myself that I'll finish than it is to anyone else.  Except Zazu, I have to do it because I got her to do it and if I quit, she would probably paint me with fruit or egg my house or something else weird like that.

Anyways though, yesterday, my PLAN was to write about how good and nice of a day yesterday was but then after today, I think I'm just going to juxtapose my Monday and my Tuesday.

Yesterday I had a fairly easy and stress-free day of school, including that my choir teacher was absent for my second choir of the day which is always a bonus.  And then I came home and I was pretty tired because I hadn't eaten much that day and I also hadn't had much caffeine and it was raining beautifully so I took the best nap ever.  And then I woke up and babysat a fairly adorable three-year-old (fairly? Who am I kidding- extremely adorable.)  and that was nice and then I got home and spent time with my sister.  And after all of those lovely times, I went and worked out too.  So it was productive and well-rested and straight awesome!

And then there was today.

Everything was normal up until lunch when I got mad at Jason for calling me dumb because I kept arguing with him about something I would've SWORN I was right about, which I wasn't at all.  And then I went to Law and things went as planned, you know, just watched a movie, relaxed, went to choir.

(Small side note that will make sense in time:  You know how when you're dreaming, everything is scrambled and uffish and you don't know which way is up?  And sometimes for me it happens that numbers really just don't make sense when I'm dreaming.  Like I'll dream that I'm two people or that some people are different people and there are only 7 of them.  That sentence didn't make sense, but it's a dream, so does it have to?)

So I got to choir and we warmed up and then we switch seats for one of the songs we were singing and 2nd sopranos were put in the middle of everything.  I'm a second soprano.  Well then my choir teacher said "I know there are only 4 of you, and this part is hard but could you please sing louder?"  and I said,

"5."
"What?"
"There are five of us"
"No, two down in the first row and-"
"Three in the second row"

And Laura said "Hayley, there are only two of us in the second row."
"But.  There are three!"
"No, Hayley.  Just two."

And I looked over to find that Laura and I are only two people.  We aren't three people.  We are two.

It wasn't because there are normally three in the second row (because there are, Marissa was absent today) that I thought we were three, I was legitimately for a few seconds thinking that two was three and we were three.  It was so strange.  And then Veronica or somebody and Laura called me dumb for the second and third times today.  Also a bug flew by my face and I thought it was a small flying dinosaur (it sounds stupid but that was my legitimate first thought) and I dodged it and said "WHOA!" And then I was laughing really hard and someone called me dumb for the fourth time today and I started crying a little.  I don't know if I was crying because I was laughing so hard or because I was sad that I was stupid.  I think that from my nose up I was sad and from my cheekbones down I was elated because of the hilarity and weirdness. 

And back to what I said before, it didn't make sense, but it was a dream, so does it have to? What about reality.  Does reality have to make at least the simplest amount of sense, or is it okay for three to be two and six to be eight and three people to be two and moths to be tiny dinosaurs and I don't understand.

Then I went to Westlake Idol and it was hilarious and is the best talent show ever.

1 comment:

  1. So many things to like about this post- fruit, uffish, small flying dinosaurs, Idol.... and the fact that it was Riri who said you're dumb both times.... but really I'm a little confused because although I nodded when you asked me if I understood the numbers thing, I really didn't

    ReplyDelete

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura