Friday, April 15, 2011

Shit List: Urban Outfitters


Non-paper receipts is a really good idea.  I have receipts sent to my email whenever I can because I like that it saves paper AND I don’t even look at paper receipts when I receive them anyways.

That said, I also really like my Kent State email address.  What you’re thinking is right:  I feel cool and proud whenever I am asked my email address and I get to say “@kent.edu” at the end.  I am proud that I did something to obtain a college email address before I was even a junior in high school.  Now, that said, I also like to keep my inbox fairly clear of spam mail, from Nigerian princes and from stores emailing me coupons all over the place. 

And now, a story.  On Sunday I told you that it was beautiful and gorgeous and amazing in Ohio so my sister and I went shopping at Crocker Park.  First, I took her to Abercrombie and then we went to Urban Outfitters.  At Urban Outfitters, I bought a comfy sweater and when I took it up to the register to pay, they asked me is I wanted a paper receipt or an email receipt.  Because I am me and I love email receipts, I asked the checkout girl to email it to me and I told her my kent.edu email address.  Well well.

I got the receipt.  Deleted it before I even read the email and then I looked up at my other new emails and I have a second email from Urban Outfitters.  It said “Hello!  Thanks for Signing Up to Receive Urban Outfitters Emails!”

ALRIGHT

To start off, Urban Outfitters, you can’t just capitalize any word in a sentence that you like, you are not Margo.  And second, I did not, in any way, ever, ask to receive emails from you!  I don’t want you in my inbox telling me about potential deals I could be receiving, not on my kent.edu email anyways.  I trusted Urban because they were being environmental, and they betrayed me.  They’re betraying everyone, raping poor customers inboxes with their spammy emails.  Ugh.  I’ll be shopping at H&M from now on.

So now, I proudly present a new made-for-spam, email address:
hayleygetscoupons@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

things I like

  • clocky alarm clocks!!! *mom, christmas?!
  • L4D2
  • squirrels
  • gilmore girls, I watch it. All. The. Time.
  • thanksgiving
  • tv
  • acoustic music
  • singing loud
  • my best friend, Laura